Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okuma Post processor-M02 Z retract

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bigeddymachineshop
181 Views, 6 Replies

Okuma Post processor-M02 Z retract

Hi All,

I'm trying to edit the Okuma milling post for my M660VB to add a Z retract to clear the tool from the part, and a Y retract to bring the table close to the operator at the end of a program.

When using multiple work offsets, and safe retract set to G0, it works fine.

With safe retract set to Clearance Height, it wont output a Z and Y retract even though the writeRetract lines are added to "Post properties:safePositionMethod-clearanceHeight"

I have a feeling it has something to do with an "if" statement  in post somewhere, but I can't quite find how to change it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Attach the post you want to edit. and write down exactly what needs to be changed

Message 3 of 7

Hi, sorry about that.

Attached is the post that I want to edit.

I just want it to add a Z 400 Y400 retract at the end of the program when using "safePositionMethod- ClearanceHeight, G0 and G16.

The attached does the retract when using G0, but not clearanceheight.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 7

Is that what you wanted to get?

Message 5 of 7

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I posted a program with the one you did, and it still doesn't add a G00 Z400 Y400 at the end of a program when using "clearance plane" retracts in the post options.

Message 6 of 7

Try the attached. I haven't tested it in all scenarios but it should work.

Message 7 of 7

That seems to have done the trick!
Did you also add an M9 at the end of each op, instead of before a tool change?
That was on my to-do list to (I think) kill the coolant faster than letting the tool change command do it.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report