Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okuma LB3000 Post Inside

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BrandonTBFBF
401 Views, 7 Replies

Okuma LB3000 Post Inside

For anyone in need of a decent post for an Okuma lathe running an OSP control.

I have a thread going on the HSM Post Processor forum but this forum seems to have more activity.

Modifications I've made:

Use Y Axis Retract Feature: Will cancel the tool offset and send the turret "home" in a safe manner if using Y axis        offset style toolholders. It can be turned on or off from the post window in Fusion. It is on by default.

M5 Between M3 and M4: If you're using Y axis offset turning you'll most likely have LH and RH tools stacked. This will stop the spindle between operations if the spindle direction changes.

Peck Tapping: Okuma doesn't have a peck tapping canned cycle so this is kind of a hack but works. It calls multiple G77 cycles to get to the desired depth. The key to this working is the M136 on the G77 line. Peck tapping will also work with Live Tools (G178).

Work Plane Call after Activating Y Mode : Once Y mode is activated (G138) the active work plane is cleared so this makes sure to call the plane after the G138.

IPR Feed for Drilling on Center: I prefer IPR feed for drilling.

Use SSV Action: Turns on Spindle Speed Variation. Activated by using useSSV as the action. It will cancel after each operation.

Use M136: Adds an M136 to a drilling or tapping cycle. This retracts the tool to the clearance point rather than the first cycle point. Useful for holes with deep counterbores. Activated by using useM136 as the action.

Expand Cycle Action: Sometimes I like to customize a drill cycle manually so I added this action. Activated by using expandCycle as the action.

Force Retract Action: Forces the machine to home. I'll use this with Pass Through code when running sub programs. Activated by using forceRetract as the action.

Use 3 Pass Action: I use this to sneak up on tight tolerances. It forces the tool to retract to the home position and writes an M0 with the target dimension as a comment in the program. To use it select Manual NC -> Action -> use3Pass:(dimension) The colon is necessary. Place it AFTER the operation you want to check.

Z Home Position Action: I use this to change the turret Z Home Position in the middle of a program. If I'm working between the Main and Sub spindle on my machine I don't want tool changes happening over top of the Sub Spindle. This way I can set the Home Position wherever I need it. 

To use it select Manual NC -> Action -> zHome:(homeposition) The colon is necessary here too. Place it BEFORE the operation you want to modify the Home Position of.

Multi-Start Threading: You can now choose a standard G71 threading cycle or simple threading cycles(G33) for Multi-start threads.

Multi-Axis Feedrates: The correct logic is now in place for feedrates when multi-axis milling.

There was an issue when selecting "Alternate Flanking" style threading while using Simple Threading Cycles(G33). Basically, it wasn't working. That's been corrected.

I pulled the CircularData function from the Okuma milling post and added it to this post. This ensures that the output points lie exactly on the circle. This keeps the machine from alarming out.

I defined the xAxisMinimum so the machine won't default to Polar Mode. You can still utilize it by using forcePolarMode as the action. If you don't have a Y-Axis machine you can change it back to "var xAxisMinimum;" to run Polar Mode all the time. 

There are some other minor tweaks here and there but mostly just clean up of the code. 

I use subprograms to handle all of my Part Off/Transfer operations so I haven't fixed those yet.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert on Okuma nor Javascript. Just someone that needed something done and had to teach myself some new skills. I've seen others on this forum run into similar issues with these Okuma machines as I have so I figured I'd share what I've learned.

-Brandon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: BrandonTBFBF

Thanks for sharing! 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8
Sctechno

Used it in combination with a few tweaks to work on a older OSP200LAR for my 2012 GenosL300. Had to tweak a few thing for the older gen as it doesn't take the drilling cycles as is. Never the less, great work and thanks for the share!
Message 4 of 8
BrandonTBFBF

Updated the first post with the latest version.

I fixed an issue with milling tapered bores / thread milling NPT threads.

Added "noClamp" as an action. This keeps the spindle brake from activating. If you're doing a lot of light milling work, this can save a lot of cycle time.

Added a 1 second dwell after turning coolant on if using Through Coolant on a live tool.

Message 5 of 8
BrandonTBFBF

Updated first post with the latest version.

I changed the use3Pass Action to include the dimension you want to check. It should now be used like this:

use3Pass:2.7468(example number)

If you don't provide a number it will error.

Message 6 of 8
tom.creeger

Thank you for sharing. I will test and provide feedback!!

Message 7 of 8
BrandonTBFBF

The first post has been updated with the latest version.

I added a zHome:(homeposition) action. This lets me change where the turret goes for tool changes in the middle of the program. I occasionally do turning or milling with the Main and Sub spindles connected. This keeps things safe.

I found an issue with turning Left Hand threads with a Right Hand holder and insert. The tool would feed from back to front as expected but the infeed angle was still shifting the tool "southwest" or down and to the left as if you were turning from front to back. 

This becomes an issue if you're tight up against a shoulder or, in my case, trying to blunt start the front of the thread. It will also ruin the thread if you go back over it without the exact same number of stepdowns.

This has now been fixed.

Message 8 of 8

Thanks for sharing your post with us!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report