Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okuma Genos M560-V (Probe cycle flipping Z axis)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
AUSTIN_BERGERKTCMD
80 Views, 2 Replies

Okuma Genos M560-V (Probe cycle flipping Z axis)

Hello all. I have two probing cycles to set up a basic decking of a square block. The first probing cycle is a standard X,Y boss cycle, this cycle is labeled WCS2. The second probing cycle is a standard Z surface cycle that probes dead center of the block and the top surface of the block, this cycle is labeled WCS3. I am having the issue of my Z axis offset in the controller being waaaay off. The tools I am using are a little over 7" above the part when they should really be removing 0.005" of material. The tools have been in the machine for 2 years and the tool length offsets have not been changed. The X&Y offset are dead on and the toolpaths are inline there. The machine knows where the probe is in the Z axis and runs through those cycles great. But why are the rest of my tools now way above the part? Also I tried a manual cycle of probing, but it appears that the macro for my renishaw probe has been changed, no matter what offset number I probe all of my tools are way off in the Z axis. Did the fusion probing cycles make a change to my probing macro? All help is greatly appreciated, I am dead stop now until I figure this out. The machine is a Okuma Genos M560-v. The controller is a OSP-300M. The machine year is 2014.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It almost sounds like your variable number where the probe length offset is stored has been overwritten. 

LeoC 

Message 3 of 3

leo.castellon, thank you very much for the information and that makes the most sense to me. I am not terribly familiar with Okuma controllers. I am used to running HAAS and FAGOR controllers. I will attempt this fix and report back if this is the solution. Thank you again for the information!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report