Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob designing plywood joint for shop bot.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matthewaudio
132 Views, 1 Reply

Noob designing plywood joint for shop bot.

Hi all, I joined my local maker space, took the shopbot class and designed this plywood joint.  The idea is that it's a hidden box joint on an angle so it glues up tight but looks clean on the outside.

But I'm finding that just this joint is proving impossible for my new brain to create toolpaths for.  Anything detailed enough takes upwards of 40 minutes just for the joint and I have three whole pieces of plywood to do.  I was hoping someone could give some tips on cutting (har har) down the time.  I've set up rough cuts with a 3/8 flat endmill, but finishing off the angles and getting into the fillets is proving very time consuming despite using rest machining.   After some advice I got it down from a few hours per joint to 40-50 minutes but at that rate the whole piece will still take many hours. 

Any advice would be very welcomed.  For scale, I made the fillets 1/4" 

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 6.19.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-26 at 6.20.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-26 at 6.25.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-26 at 6.25.34 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Figured out yet? 
2d pocket for the floor.3d contour the reliefs (as a ramp) then a quick parallel to do the angled ramp. Linear pattern to your spacing.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report