Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cut Path on 2D Adaptive Clearing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
acchilds97
120 Views, 3 Replies

No Cut Path on 2D Adaptive Clearing

I'm brand new to CNCs, I'm still trying to figure all of this out.

I am trying to create a simple coaster design and I would like to engrave a letter on the top. I'm trying to use the adaptive clearing the cut out the full interior of the letter but when I do I'm getting this error:

Error: (minimumCuttingRadius >= 0) and (minimumCuttingRadius < cutterRadius)

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. I'm using a Vbit on my machine as that's what came with it, and I have that modeled in Fusion360 using a Chamfer/Engrave bit. I tried reducing the diameter of the bit all the way down to something ridiculous like 0.1mm and I'm still getting the issue.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or a better way for me to clear out the space in this letter? I've attached my model for reference if its helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: acchilds97

Define the tool as a Taper Mill, but you also need to give it a Tip Diameter. The tool doesn't come to a perfect sharp tip, there's a flat on the end (usually only seen on an optical comparator or microscope). A flat of .3mm and a stepover of .2 gets me this:

2023-10-18_14h18_21.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

you can't do adaptive right now with a tool like that. 

You should just use the Engrave toolpath for this.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 4
acchilds97
in reply to: acchilds97

Thanks so much! This fixed the problem for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report