Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nlx 2500/700y post processor issue with sub spindle

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sashaveselov
152 Views, 6 Replies

Nlx 2500/700y post processor issue with sub spindle

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has a good post for this machine? The post processor on from the post library has an issue where the sub spindle z moves are negative when they should be positive. If I change the setup definition to “primary spindle” the moves are correct but the m codes are all for primary spindle. There might be some other issues with this post on the sub spindle, but this is the one I noticed in my part.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: sashaveselov

This would certainly be a post processor change. Which post are you using?

For my Doosan Lynx, the sub spindle moves are negatives, but you have to setup your CAM as if it's positive (Z pointing away from the part/chuck). The post processor then inverts the Z's accordingly. Sounds like you need it to NOT invert them. I would suggest looking at your post and see where it's flipping things around.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7

Hello sashaveselov

I looked at our library post. It looks correct to me. Z moves into the main spindle in a negative motion and a positive motion into the sub spindle. Unless they have upgraded the codes in newer machines, this machine has no code that reverses the Z like in some other machines. If there is a code please let us know and we can look more into it.

Bill Cain
Sr. Technical Consultant
Message 4 of 7
gsporie

We have a NLX1500SY and use the standard fusion NLX post with the sub just fine.

The Z moves should be opposite what you'd expect for the main side.

Message 5 of 7
sashaveselov

Hello all, thank you, i was provided the wrong info about the z and acted upo that info. after reviewing some other programs already on that machine, i saw that yall are correct. thank you for your time. i asked a moderator to remove this post.

Message 6 of 7
seth.madore

Thanks for circling back. I don't think it's necessary to have this post removed, it may provide value to other Fusion users who encounter the same sort of thing 🤔

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 7
sashaveselov
in reply to: gsporie

Hey, i was wondering "if thing you work on can we shown" if youd be willing to share the file for a part or two of what yall make that i can use as a reference? this machine dropped on the floor last week so im really paranoid and want to double and triple check everything since already its different than the sub spindle lathes im used to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report