Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie having trouble with 3d toolpath

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jeepinbootz
117 Views, 4 Replies

Newbie having trouble with 3d toolpath

I've been trying to wrap my mind around how to make these curved parts and i've run into a wall. I decided on making a fixture to hold the raw material at an angle so i can hopefully make these in as little as 2 operations. Shown in the picture is a fixture that will hold two parts at a time. My plan is to rough out the top and outer profile of the part, then do the pocket, drill holes followed by a semi finish and a finish. I cannot for the life of me make a tool path to go around the profile of that part while moving on z and removing all excess material down to the clamps. I attempted adaptive machining but its ignoring the angle of the part and cuts on a level plane right through the fixture.  This is my first time with 3d machining . Im going to be doing this on a haas  super mini mill 2

Thank you for your time1.png2.png3.png4.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jeepinbootz

If you could share you file here it would make offering suggestions much easier

Go to File>Export>Save as .f3d/.f3z 

then attach to a reply here.

You will likely need 3D adaptive to rough out and several 3D toolpaths to finish

Message 3 of 5
jeepinbootz
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

i'll be honest i'm kind of embarrassed of my work, it might not be exactly the correct way but i'm learning as i go.

Message 4 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jeepinbootz

You have done a pretty decent Job for a beginner, The design timeline is a bit of a mess and has a few warnings, but i'm not going to look at that, i'll just focus on the cam stuff.

Have a look at this video, If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Message 5 of 5
jeepinbootz
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

I can't thank you enough for the time you put into helping with this issue. I've learned alot from this video and you make it look really easy. I got my homework to do this weekend and I follow along with your video and try it for myself. Thank you again and if all goes well I'll post a picture of the finished product!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums