Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Angled Entry for Turning Profile Rough w/ rest machining enabled

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PROGRAMMING7K5CY
144 Views, 4 Replies

New Angled Entry for Turning Profile Rough w/ rest machining enabled

Wondering what happened to the old angle entry path for Profile Roughing operations in the turning workspace. I am sure the current version has its uses but for my specific case it causes an almost double in machining time per operation when I just need a slight lead in per cut.

PROGRAMMING7K5CY_0-1693934081954.png

This is the current path I have and would prefer that the angled entry does not start from the stock front. I do not have a image of the old strategy but simply put I was able to add a entry angle and length of the lead in rather than a clearance value. I tried several different settings to see if it would revert and haven't been able to find a way to do so. 

I figure this has been updated and will probably have to live with it but if anyone has any advice or suggestions on how to ether revert the strategy or work better with the new one it would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@PROGRAMMING7K5CY is this a rest machining toolpath?

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 5

Yes it is @akash.kamoolkar 

Message 4 of 5

@PROGRAMMING7K5CY Thanks, we are aware of this deficiency in angled entry in the new profile roughing strategy and already have a ticket for it. For now a workaround for rest area machining with angled entry would be to use the legacy profiling strategy until we fix this deficiency. 

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 5 of 5

I see, will work with it for now. Thank you for the quick response as always.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report