Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting and fabrication Mirror Function

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dylan.brownQDSJD
133 Views, 1 Reply

Nesting and fabrication Mirror Function

Howdy there all you smart people.

I was wondering if any one know how to utilize the mirror function located in the nesting section of fusion. basically we have left and right handed parts that we nest, but the issue is rather than designing both left and right the design team usually leave the creation of the opposite handing up to the production team, which is usually me. 

I have been using fusion for nesting and tool path creation for about 6 months now and am still finding it quite time consuming to go back and mirror each part to create the opposite handing. 

I have found a mirror option when I right click on a nest and select edit nest it brings up the attached menu. With in which I can see a mirror option. 

If any one knows how to or has used it please could you pass on the little secret. 

Much appreciated,

Dylan

dylanbrownQDSJD_0-1654582823785.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @dylan.brownQDSJD

I have used Fusion 360 Nesting & Fabrication Extension and I'm facing the same behavior. Please, were you able to enable the mirror option?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report