Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting and fabrication (12 issues id rather not have)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Dave_Ash
112 Views, 1 Reply

Nesting and fabrication (12 issues id rather not have)

• After making a nest preparation and part of the unit is updated or changed the nest preparation enables all the parts I have already excluded so I must redo the nest preparation again which also means l have to regenerate all my nests.
  • If I have to add or remove a part from the nest list when I update the nests it regenerates a new set of nested sheets that invalidate any setups I have created and programmed.
  • If I have more than 1 tool on a contour, I have to set the tool entry point on each tool path.
  • Each sheet must be programmed individually instead of programming all sheets at the same time.
  • Cannot print all the parts out to a unit on one sheet as a check list.
  • Setup sheet takes 8 clicks to print 1 sheet.
  • Cannot print multiple setup sheets from at the same time.
  • Cannot print multiple sheets on the same print.
  • No way of easily flipping a nested part.
  • I must manually rename every NC program.
  • Automatic naming doesn't copy to setups.
  • Standard sheets sizes and material is so award to set up
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WillsonLeng
in reply to: Dave_Ash

@Dave_Ash, thanks for the comments!

For the first point which is the nest preparation related, I just have a try to change the document unit or change the ignored parts to automatically, I didn't encounter the issue of existing nesting prep info get lost which needs to redo nest preparation.
Maybe there are some differences in my steps/data and yours or I missed something. Would you mind helping to provide reproduce steps and data or a video for it?

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report