Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest fails, even though all parts can fit.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PeterGCM6M
132 Views, 4 Replies

Nest fails, even though all parts can fit.

While trying to nest 3 components on a 59"x 23" sheet, The nest errors with not all components fit. The two components that are 19x9 will be nested, but it fails to place the 53" by 3" rail. If I make the sheet  23.05" (.05" bigger) all components nest correctly. The screenshots below show the error in more detail. 

Screenshot 2023-12-05 161527.pngScreenshot 2023-12-05 161620.pngScreenshot 2023-12-05 163921.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: PeterGCM6M

If you can share your model, that would help someone, with a Nesting License, to try and troubleshoot the issue.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
PeterGCM6M

Attached is the file I am using, the two larger models were imported via the component sources tab. if they fail to load for you I can make them part of my base model. While playing around some more, I noticed that it generates correctly if I select minimize width. But if minimize length or length x width is used, it fails to incorporate all materials in one 23" wide sheet. If the sheet stock is changed to 23.05" wide, all components get incorporated regardless of how I select to minimize sheet usage. 

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

Which file am I looking at?

2023-12-06_15h38_07.png

the first one (Headliner) doesn't have any errors on the Nest study.

However, the Upper Rear most certainly does:

2023-12-06_15h39_08.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
seth.madore

Disregard. A re-read of your initial post and followup gave me the clarity needed. Investigating..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report