Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Milling Pocket Vee--File Attached

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
utekcnc
169 Views, 6 Replies

Need Help Milling Pocket Vee--File Attached

Good Day--I have attached a file with a vee block I'm programming.   I cannot get a clean nice tool path to machine the vee.   I want to use a 1/2 endmill for roughing and then I have a 3/4 ball nose for finishing.   Could someone please take a look at this for me?   thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: utekcnc

The Parallel toolpath doesn't seem that bad, am I missing something? Is it the fact that it doesn't flow over this edge as much as you want?

2024-03-01_09h44_32.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
programming2C78B

no need to select your model to Machine. Instead, do this. You can set these to defaults as it'll probably come up all the time. I constrained the Bottom to the lowest level of your trough. 

You can also save 30% of the time by cutting the outside with Both Ways contour VS your adaptive and all those wasted jogs, same feed and speed. 

programming2C78B_1-1709306208780.png

programming2C78B_0-1709306167718.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 7
utekcnc
in reply to: seth.madore

It's the roughing it out that I cannot get

Message 5 of 7
seth.madore

Your "suppressed" toolpath (Pocket) doesn't seem to be doing that poorly of a job (although not optimal). What is your machine and the material you are working with?

2024-03-01_11h22_47.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 7
utekcnc
in reply to: seth.madore

1018 steel.   Doosan DNM 400

Message 7 of 7
HughesTooling

If you used an adaptive toolpath could you get away with a deeper cut and then a fine stepdown?

HughesTooling_0-1709316910166.png

I looked at creating overbuilt surfaces to machine past the part. Didn't work too well with the ordinary pocket as it took longer to machine. The adaptive with a bigger (0.3) roughing stepdown and 0.1 fine was about a 1/3 of the time.

See attached file.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report