Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help choosing correct toolpath

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rhetteshleman
129 Views, 3 Replies

Need help choosing correct toolpath

This is a vacuum plate for my CNC and I'm having trouble selecting the most efficient toolpath. I can't get slot to work and I did a test piece with 2d contour, which worked but was inefficient and each square had to be selected individually. Thanks for the help. 

The gap is 6.3mm which is the same as the tool. I decreased the size of tool to 6.29mm but it didn't solve anything. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: rhetteshleman

Hi

The easiest way to do this is do one 2D Contour for the outer profile

Then select just one of the grid squares in another 2D Contour and then pattern it.

You can do that by right clicking on the toolpath and selecting add to new pattern

Screenshot 2023-09-11 114537.png

I have also made the toolpath ramp in so there is no chance of the lead ins gouging the model, and turned the lead out off for the same reason.

See attached file

Message 3 of 4
rhetteshleman
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

This is great. Is there a way to keep the tool from retracting after each pattern? 

Message 4 of 4
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: rhetteshleman

No there isn't, because its patterning an instance of the toolpath there would be no way of knowing where to go between them without gouging the model.

bear in mind the ramp heights and feeds etc may not be correct for your application, I just put them on there as an example

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums