Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a 3 axis post processor ATC BCam

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
franciscoalvaro
346 Views, 18 Replies

Need a 3 axis post processor ATC BCam

I bougth a ATC BCam cnc machine 3 axis.

I’ve been trying many generics processors none have worked.

I called the company and they gave me a file from ARTCAM with the extension *.con according to them its the post processor.
Also they gave me a file with code for the machine. Can someone help find a processor please.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

If you could share the g-code file that they shared with you, I'm sure we can figure something out!

The file needs to have a .txt or .nc file extension, so rename as needed.

An ArtCAM post is not compatible with Fusion, so you can scratch that off the list of possible solutions. The g-code should get us what we need though.

Tell us a bit about the machine; does it have automatic spindle controls? I assume by your description that it has an ATC, is that correct as well?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 19

Hi!! Thank for a quick reply!!
Here are the files:

Message 4 of 19

I'm not seeing the files. If you're replying by email, attachments are stripped off

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 19

Oh i am sending over the forum chat:

They also sent a file named Axyz_MultiTool_MM.con which the forum does not accept its format

Message 6 of 19

Does your machine have a tool changer?

The code looks pretty standard, with a few exceptions. It looks like feedrates are being posted without a decimal, but XYZ coordinates are 

Would you have a digital programming manual for your machine?

but it does omit a bunch of stuff from what's standard

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 19

Yes! It has a tool changer with 8 tools:

they sent this manual:

Message 8 of 19

So...that manual was super light on info, it had more to do with machine setup and the like. You have no other example programs to look at, would you?

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 19

Thank you for helping me

here is a  picture that i took from their file in the machine

E9863426-23D7-4965-9E81-E801DF772F44.jpeg

Message 10 of 19

This is a lightly modified version of the RS274 post, give it a try. But, go slowly!

Some unknowns:

1) it's not clear what increment your feedrates are in. Should we expect that it is in fact moving at 10,000mm/min? That's only 393 IPM, so it's not unreasonable. The lack of decimal point is odd.

2) We don't yet know how the tool change codes work. Is there an M6 that's needed? What about tool length setting?

3) Does the machine use homing switches, and does it respond to a G28 or G53 command?

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 19

😃It worked and you dont know how happy it makes me However... I did a square of 60cm x 60cm but the machine does it as it was 6mm x 6mm It does the operation but not the size that it is

Message 12 of 19

Could you share your sample Fusion file?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Message 13 of 19

Okay, I think I see what the problem was. The logic that was forcing the feedrate to not have a decimal was also truncating XYZ moves that were whole numbers. Give this new post a try

Seth Madore
Message 14 of 19

Thank Very much!!! It Worked I just needed to replace the G21 to G54 and worked great!

Thank you very much!! 😀👏

Message 15 of 19

The G21 is the designation for metric code (G20 is Imperial). Does your machine NOT recognize that code?

Secondly; do you want/need the G54 right at the beginning of the code? It's currently inserting it a few lines down in the program, was that not sufficient?

Seth Madore
Message 16 of 19

I had to replace G21 to G54 in the beginning of the code  In order for it to work

Message 17 of 19

I had to remove the G21 and add G54 in its place in order to work
Message 18 of 19

Are you always using G54, or does the machine support multiple work offsets?

Does the G54 need to be at the very beginning of the program, or would it have worked as-is if you had only removed the G21? Removing the G21 is easy, so I'm curious what you exactly need

Seth Madore
Message 19 of 19

Hey!!! Thank you very much for your help!

Yes, I have to  replace the G21 from the very begin code line for G54 in order for CNC work

the post that you sent to me when i remove the G21 works great

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report