Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC Code Failed to Post, anyone else getting this error?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jacobcanady
199 Views, 5 Replies

NC Code Failed to Post, anyone else getting this error?

Last week I wasn't having any problems posting code from any setups.  Today I went to start a new job and I keep getting this NC code failed to post error.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Is Fusion in the middle of an update or something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jacobcanady

Can you post a screen shot of the error log?

its likely there is something wrong with one of your toolpaths that's causing it to fail

Message 3 of 6
jacobcanady

These are the errors I get:

Screenshot 2023-05-01 163614.png

Screenshot 2023-05-01 163633.png

  

Message 4 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Its possible Fusion is having trouble accessing that folder on your PC

Can you try posting to a different folder Maybe like the desktop?

Message 5 of 6
jacobcanady
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

I was thinking the same thing, especially since somehow Windows is showing my desktop in Spanish.  I tried a different drive altogether and it didn't make a difference.

I'm going to uninstall Fusion and reinstall and see if that resolves the issue.

For what it's worth, my toolpaths rarely get crazy or complicated...I mainly cut cabinet parts so I use the same settings every time.  I used to use a template but when I bought a new computer my templates didn't carry over somehow.

Message 6 of 6
jacobcanady

OK, as I suspected, Fusion was going through some kind of update.  I closed it and opened it again and it told me I was all set with the latest update/version/whatever.  Tried to post gcode and it worked without issue.  I wish I could say this wasn't the first time something like this has happened because of an update in the works!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums