Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery milling disparity

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alphatester77
186 Views, 4 Replies

Mystery milling disparity

Ok, I'm testing a new CNC and trying to get fusion 360 to work and I'm getting a weird issue where contour dimensions are perfect, but the inner pockets are just weirdly inconsistent.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing stupid here?!?  I'm pretty sure it's me as I'm new to milling in Fusion, I just can't work out where to debug as there's no pattern I can see between the variances on seemingly identical cut widths!

Width: 200mm Result: 200mm
Height: 100mm Result: 100mm
Pocket 1: 18mm Result: 21mm
Pocket 2: 18mm Result: 25mm
Pocket 3: 18mm Result: 20mm
Pocket 4: 18mm Result: 17mm

As you can see - the outer dimensions are perfect, like digital caliper perfect - so I don’t think there’s any issue with the CNC being spot on.

But the inner pockets are just weird!! It’s just totally inconsistent, so I can’t work out what’s causing it - bit size is correct, it just seems to be a bit bonkers…

Any help/clues most appreciated - I’m certain it’s something stupid I’m doing!

Photos below if it helps!

PXL_20240327_093128244.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 092952.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 093019.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 093053.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: alphatester77

We can see that in your last image, there is some overcutting going on. Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
alphatester77
in reply to: seth.madore

Of course - attached!

Message 4 of 5

You had two bodies and i combined them to one body. Regenerated everything and i think it looks better like that?
Always make sure your Model is clean and Fusion will do the rest.

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt1.PNG

Message 5 of 5

Ah right, so fusion doesn't handle multiple bodies in it's cutting paths... good to know! Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report