Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CAM setups are vanishing into thin air

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
scacob
115 Views, 3 Replies

My CAM setups are vanishing into thin air

The entire setup section of my manufacturing browser is gone from some files where I had saver operations.

This is on a Windows 10 machine.   It has happened in multiple files.   Has anyone else seen this issue?   setupmissing.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: scacob

That's odd, to say the least. What happens if you minimize Fusion? What happens if you restart your computer? Does it persist thru open and close of those same files?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
scacob
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore rebooting the computer didn't change the situation at all.

One thing I noticed is when opening the file it gave me an "errors were encountered while downloading the file" and it didn't open the file.   If I try a second time it does open the file but again there is no setup.  Perhaps the file is corrupted in some way but I have at least 2 of these files with this behavior.  Both were last saved yesterday. 1/21/23

Interestingly if I create a new setup it also does not show but if I create a new operation and go to set a tool for that operation I can see the setups in the list.   See image below yet none show in the browser.

invisible setups.PNG

Message 4 of 4
scacob
in reply to: scacob

@seth.madore I am pretty confident both of these files somehow got corrupted yesterday.   I went back the earliest version and it seems to be ok.  Lost a little bit of work but the setup at least shows normally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report