Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple lines of code for the axis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
moltenmetaljcp
136 Views, 6 Replies

Multiple lines of code for the axis

I am getting multiple lines of g code for the same axis in a row and my machine does not like it. Like z.0 next line z.05 next line z.1. I keep losing steps when I get some thing like this. It is mostly in the z axis but xy dont like it much either. Is there a way to set up post processor so it will just move to the last one. I have tried different post processors. I am using a CNC Masters Supra. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

If you're losing steps, is it a matter of feedrate and motor tuning settings?

Could you share your Fusion file and the resulting g-code here, please?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7

there is no gcode line that should cause you to lose steps while moving in the air (and better yet, while in a cut). This is something you need to fix in your controller for max rapid/accelerations and make sure all linear motion ways are properly aligned and lubricated. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the reply. the spot it seems to be having touble with is lines 401-404. everytime it hits some thing like that the z axis gets messed up. I talked to the manufacture of this machine and they are the ones who told me that have a few lines for the same axis can cause trouble because the program is running faster then the machine can move and i should put a delay in between the lines where that happens.  Or buy Visuacam because they guarantee it to work with this machine. i would prefer not to have to edit every time. Thank for taking time to check this out.

Message 5 of 7

What post processor are you using for this machine?  (in this context "line 401-404" doesn't mean anything to us without the corresponding g-code, which is not contained in the file you shared)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 7

Sorry about that.  I think it is just that the controller in this thing is junk the more i look online.

Message 7 of 7

Sorry about that.  I think it is just that the controller in this thing is junk the more i look online.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report