Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi tooth threadmill

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
themikechvz
359 Views, 10 Replies

multi tooth threadmill

mastercam 3 depths automatically setmastercam 3 depths automatically setfusion full helixfusion full helixi have a 13 tooth indexable insert threadmill for 24tpi and im going 1.5 inch deep 

fusion want to helix the whole way down constant 

in mastercam i tell it the full depth and how many teeth on my insert and it maximizes the depths of cuts evenly

is there a settin in fusion im missing to get this to adapt depths??

any input or suggestions appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
seth.madore
in reply to: themikechvz

Sadly, no. Pretty much the only way is to make multiple toolpaths, doing the math between each one as needed. Far from ideal.

I will make a ticket on this and see if I can get the dev team to consider improving this area of threading.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 11
themikechvz
in reply to: seth.madore

thanks man, im sure im not the only one with this issue

its a great feature that mastercam has, and i love eveything that fusion has updated and improved so far

Message 4 of 11
colterday424
in reply to: themikechvz

I'm running into the same problem with a thread mill with 9 teeth.  

Message 5 of 11
colterday424

I'm running into the same problem with a thread mill with 9 teeth.  Fusion still wants to treat this as a single point thread mill.  NC Generator on Iscar's ITA has the threaded hole with 2 passes at 37 minutes and Fusion has it at 2h:37m:33s.  

This needs some attention, especially for a shop that wants to maximize their production

Message 6 of 11
seth.madore
in reply to: colterday424

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 11
colterday424

This is a 5.75-12 thread 3.00" deep.  Programmed in MasterCam and Gibbs Cam it compensates for the insert length.  

Message 8 of 11
colterday424
Message 9 of 11
seth.madore

Sadly, the only solution we have (and it's a royal pain in the....) is to duplicate the toolpath as many times as needed, do the math between the pitch, the flute length and top/bottom heights and fudge it that way.

I've added this thread to the existing ticket (CAM-18306) but I'm not holding my breath on getting it fixed, as there are other areas that we are focusing on (although tangentially related to this issue). I'll see if I can get some interest in looking at this. 

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 11
colterday424

I can get what I need from Iscar's Tool Advisor.  Just thought there was something I was overlooking.  I have been told that Autodesk is working on new updates on Cam side.  

Message 11 of 11
seth.madore

We are working on CAM updates, but (sadly) this isn't on the list at the moment.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums