Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Axis Contour refuses to follow the chain, follows edge instead

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bradley_West_
146 Views, 4 Replies

Multi-Axis Contour refuses to follow the chain, follows edge instead

I am trying to use an endmill to generate 45deg chamfer using multi axis contour. Selecting an edge to form an open chain is generating a path as expected. However - when trying to set an extension length to -8, to pull the cutter up short of the end of the feature it is ignoring the chain and instead running the length of the selected contour causing a gouge.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: Bradley_West_

can replicate this behavior, I'm not sure if its intended but could be a bug, @seth.madore  can confirm if this is intended behavior?

You can use the Tangential fragment extension in passes tab, but this shortens both ends of the contour which I don't think you want.

A workaround is to split the faces adjacent to the contour to allow a shorter chain selection

See attached for an example of that

Message 3 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: Bradley_West_

Thanks for raising this issue, both of you. I've logged CAM-51559 to investigate this.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Bradley_West_ 

Thanks for feedback. Please use the following workaround until the problem is fixed. Unfortunatelly it applies to both ends of the selected curve.

olegtikhomirov_0-1708090255069.png

Oleg Tikhomirov
Software Engineer
Message 5 of 5

@oleg.tikhomirov Thanks for the work around!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums