Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Axis Contour - how to do this operation?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jambrozy
310 Views, 7 Replies

Multi-Axis Contour - how to do this operation?

Hello, 

I have problem with generate toolpath on inside diameter. I want to mill from top to bottom with line what I drowe. Anyone explain how can I do that? I have a manufacturing extension.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 122835.png

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: jambrozy

It might be easier if you shared your Fusion file here, could you do that?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

What tooling are you using, and what's the dimensional characteristics of this feature (functional, accurate, both, etc.) 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 8
jambrozy

Okey, some update, i generate toolpath with geodesic strategy but is some problem with simulation, fusion get close ...

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 122835.png

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 124421.png

 Anyone can help where I do something wrong? ;o

Message 4 of 8
jambrozy

@seth.madore  thanks for quick answer.

I need to mill radius 2.5 so I used mill ball fi 5 and I want only mill from top to bottom a few times. I create geodesic toolpath and I thing it looks good. But something wrong is with simulation, i need to check this on my second computer at home. 

In attachment I send .f3d file.

Message 5 of 8
seth.madore

Hmm. Simulates just fine on my PC. Are you PC or Mac? Win10 or 11? Are your video card drivers up to date?

2024-04-30_07h30_03.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 8
jambrozy

I found graphics drivers need to update ... give me a few minuts 🙂 You've got some idea how can I do this with only one toolpath?

My computer with RTX 3070 TI:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 134201.png

Message 7 of 8
jambrozy

Ok... update drivers helped, now everythings works great :)) Can you explain @seth.madore , to do milling in example which we have here, geodesic is good option?

Message 8 of 8
jambrozy

Okey, sorry but I used geodesic strategy for the first time and it's great... 🙂 I marked only "limit number of stepovers" and everything is how I want.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-30 140958.png

 I've got what I want 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report