Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morph Toolpath leaving unpleasant and notable facets at change of surface.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pickinben
153 Views, 4 Replies

Morph Toolpath leaving unpleasant and notable facets at change of surface.

Hi all,

It seems that the Morph tool path is leaving some tough facets where the surface changes from a straight extrusion to a swept surface of the same profile tangent to the extrusion.  At first, I thought it was my mill, but in fact, it was the CAM.  Any way to avoid this in the future or a better explanation of why it's happening would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-09-05 164030.jpg

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: pickinben

It could be a number of things, probably tolerance related but its hard to tell without seeing the file

Could you upload your file here so we can take a look?

Message 3 of 5
pickinben

Hi,  This is a customer's file so I cannot share it, but the tolerance for that operation was 0.0004 and the profile is 2.75x4.  Should be enough, but I'll try finer.  Are there Fusion settings outside of the Manufacture workspace for tolerances akin to Rhino's "mesh" settings?  Many thanks

Message 4 of 5
a.laasW8M6T

There is a surface triangulation tolerance, which you can find by right clicking on the toolpath and selecting compare and edit.

The default value for most toolpaths it tolerancex0.5

Changing it to tolerancex0.05 normally gets rid of a lot of funny business in toolpaths, but the calculation time increases quite a bit, but probably insignificant on smaller toolpaths in the scheme of things

Screenshot 2023-09-07 060800.png

Message 5 of 5
pickinben

This is excellent!  Thank you very very much.  It didnt' even impact calculation time much at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums