Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling a MCKNR style toolholder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Spencer.AC
119 Views, 2 Replies

Modeling a MCKNR style toolholder

I have been trying to model an MCKNR Tool holder. When I use the preselect options in the tool modeler it puts the insert at an inverse orientation. I have tried custom orientation which works for spinning the insert but it makes it so that my offset selection is on the inside of the tool not the outside. I am trying to use tip tangent offset. Any help with defining the accurate insert orientation and keeping the offset on the outside tangent of the tool is appreciated.Drop selection orientationDrop selection orientationphysical tool comparisonphysical tool comparisonCustom orientationCustom orientation See attached pictures for reference. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Spencer.AC
in reply to: Spencer.AC

I realized the screencap I included in the OP did not represent the tip tangent offset orientation I described. Here is a screen cap of where the offset currently is and where I would like to have it marked by the red dot.

Tip tangentTip tangent

Message 3 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: Spencer.AC

We don't currently offer a proper solution for offset CNMG holder, unfortunately.

Lathe tooling is certainly seeing a heavy focus this year, so hopefully we'll be able to rectify that in the not-too-distant future

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report