Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model changes to wireframe during simulation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ashes.man
219 Views, 6 Replies

Model changes to wireframe during simulation

I have a weird thing happening that I cant work out.  I made a rough model of my machine and got the machine simulation working for it.  I then imported a vice and set up some machining operations.  When I run simulation, the vice changes to a wireframe look.  Its not a big deal, but just complicates things a little visually.

Any ideas?

Before simulation:

ashesman_0-1641790960800.png

During simulation:

ashesman_1-1641790995777.png

File attached.  I hope it contains everything needed.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: ashes.man

Hmm...I'm not seeing that, the visibility stays the same 🤔

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
ashes.man

I am still trying to work this out.  I took the original model of just the vice, and tried to simulate machining with just it.  Same problem.  See attached file.  I don't know if my tools and machine models come with the file.  It could be them causing it?

Message 4 of 7
georgeMRH3H

Did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue

Message 5 of 7
ashes.man
in reply to: georgeMRH3H

I never did figure this out. Although I have simulated machining a lot
since then and don't remember it doing this anymore, so maybe it has fixed
itself!
Message 6 of 7
brekmiller

On the Simulate dialog, try increasing the Opacity slider in the Model group on the Display tab.

The default model opacity is one step below full.  This is because if the model is displayed at full opacity and you are using the Comparison colorization mode, then when there is a gouge, you can't see the red areas on the stock because they are obscured by the model.
opacity.gif

Brek Miller

Software Engineer
Message 7 of 7
georgeMRH3H
in reply to: brekmiller

Thanks Brek, but my issue is in the simulation module, not manufacturing. I've seen the other post where the problem was that opacity slider in the machining simulation port of Fusion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report