Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing top shells

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fsonnichsen
134 Views, 0 Replies

Missing top shells

I am building the construct attached. (the forum won't let me pass the GCODE) -I have specified both the top and bottom shells at 6. (this serves as a clamp and needs some strength)

If you compile the GCODE and look at the simulation, you will see that 6 shell layers build up at the completion of the main top ring (layer 50). This is as expected. However as we move to the further levels of the "clamp" area the final area only shows ONE shell which will compromise the strength.

Any ideas here?

This opens something that probably relates to the philosophy of GCODE generators in general for 3D. I note that the few I know that slice STL files do not seem to lend much control over these issues. I am not clear where the vendors role ends and the rest is up to the operator to manually change the GCODE. In fact, ideally, I would like some type of "CAD" with which the operater could manually select areas for various layer builds etc. Often sparse infill is fine for some of the print, but not enough for the rest. (Does anyone know of an add on that does this?)

Thanks

Fritz

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report