Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing references on multiple toolpaths

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
FrodoLoggins
43 Views, 0 Replies

Missing references on multiple toolpaths

All these toolpaths have missing references:

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 8.25.07 AM.png

The actual error is "Invalid retract height reference selected":

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 8.35.54 AM.png

But I'm actually given the option to make two retract height references:

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 8.33.11 AM.png

Reference #2 is void because I of course only selected one retract height reference. Reference #1 shows I have a face selected but it's actually missing. No selected highlighted blue face shows up anywhere when I select the first retract height reference:

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 8.41.08 AM.png

Also when there are missing references Fusion normally asks in a prompt if you'd like to remove the missing references. I do not get that prompt:

This toolpath does have a missing reference and does give me a missing references prompt. Definitely shouldn't be missing anything. I definitely did not delete a bore that magically reappeared:

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 8.58.18 AM.png

Those toolpaths with missing references were created and last saved November 3rd. Opening the Novemeber 3rd version does not bring back the references.

When I reselect my references I'm sure the flow toolpaths will have generated a tool conventional milling instead of climb milling and also milling in the opposite isometric direction. Which I will then of course have to recorrect at least 5 more times over the lifecycle of this file.

EDIT: After selecting 2 retract heights the isometric direction has not change (thank my lucky stars) but of course my edge break operation conventionally mills some stuff. Used to climb mill everything. So now I need to break that toolpath up into two until I later find out I have to break it up into 3 toolpaths when I run into another issue making the tool mill both directions.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums