Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing CAM Path Direction Red Arrow

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fusion35X7G7
215 Views, 5 Replies

Missing CAM Path Direction Red Arrow

I can't get the red direction arrow to display.

I'm using 2D trace to create CAM paths for a flat pattern. I've used this software to do this a couple dozen time and never had this issue until today. Usually the tool path highlights blue with a red arrow at the end indicating direction and allowing the direction to be flipped. The arrow will now show up. I've restarted the program and my computer a couple times, looked through settings, no luck. The dialog box when selecting the path shows a reverse checkbox, but it is impossible to tell which direction it's going in the first place to know if reversing it is then the correct one or not. 

fusion35X7G7_0-1679490204886.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: fusion35X7G7

This is a current known bug, unfortunately. When comp is set to center, the arrow is not displayed. We've fixed this for an upcoming release

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
fusion35X7G7
in reply to: seth.madore

Is there a way to get around the center setting? Also not sure what "comp" means. 

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

Compensation; Left/Right/Center.

You can turn it to "Right/Left" to determine the direction setting and then turn it back to Center when you've determined that they are pointed the proper direction(s)

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
fusion35X7G7
in reply to: seth.madore

This problem has still not been solved and Fusion has updated multiple time since posting this month ago. Is there an expected time that this will be patched?

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

We have fixed this internally, and will be releasing the fix for this in a future update. Sorry, I can't give you a specific date (company rules prohibit that), but it shouldn't be too much longer.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums