Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrors engraving when using CX Help please

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
P1TechKWRCJ
151 Views, 4 Replies

Mirrors engraving when using CX Help please

I am having problems engraving the part number on the face of the pieces I am making. I am running the parts on a Doosan 2600 Puma SYII.  I originally had  fusion posting to engrave with the default XY moves but when doing so we discovered a alignment issue with the Y axis so it only did 3/4 of the part number. But with the exception of the C location being off for some reason the engraving  itself worked okay. I  then tried to force it to post to cut with XC by doing a manual NC with action selected and useXZCMode in the action box. this fixed the issue i was having before by keeping Y in the same location but it mirrored the engraving. For the engraving I am using a trace tool path. Also when I run the simulation everything looks correct and the C axis locations that it is giving when posting look reasonable. If someone could tell me what I have done incorrect I would greatly appreciate it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: P1TechKWRCJ

Is this on the main or sub spindle?

If it's on the sub spindle, there's a checkbox in the post properties to reverse the AC axis, I find that for my own Lynx, that box needs to be ticked.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
P1TechKWRCJ

This is on the sub spindle and I do have that box checked.

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

What do you get if you uncheck it?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
P1TechKWRCJ

That was the problem thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report