Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milling linework from a sketch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GrayWolfRedRocks
100 Views, 2 Replies

Milling linework from a sketch

After some time away from my shop and using Fusion, I'm looking to get back to prototyping some projects. Before taking some leave, I was able to generate toolpaths and mill some parts, but I don't recall anything similar to the current task.

Which tool should I use to generate toolpaths for a 2D sketch that I want to machine onto the top surface of my stock? I plan to use a 30-degree V-bit to cut the linework from the sketch to a minimal depth (<1mm). The linework will be machined with a constant width/depth.

I read a few places that 2D Contour is what I should be using. However, I don't see an option to specify the depth of the cut.

I also found a few recommendations to use the Trace and Engrave tools. Again, I don't see how to specify the depth of the cut.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you use Trace, in my opinion simplest solution is using Axias Offset

marcustoepke_0-1707036534393.png

Message 3 of 3

If the reply by @marcus.toepke doesn't answer your question, please share your Fusion file here and we can demonstrate with your actual data.

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report