Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milling design question

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
support4
188 Views, 8 Replies

Milling design question

Is there a way to run a finishing cut to cut certain areas and not cut the entire area to save time?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
oneturboneeded
in reply to: support4

You can use 2d machining and select an certain pocket or area. It is hard to tell with out the file or a picture. Smarter individuals will probably step in. But if I understand you that is what I would do.

Message 3 of 9
support4
in reply to: oneturboneeded

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9
seth.madore

If you still need some direction, would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 9
support4
in reply to: seth.madore

Sorry for the delay, busy today. I have attached that file. I'm just wondering if there is a way to do finishing cuts and not the whole part. Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
seth.madore

Ok, which toolpath specifically?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 9
support4
in reply to: seth.madore

The finishing cuts. on the final radius. I'm finishing with an 1/8 flat endmill. Radius are cut with a 1/2 and 1/4in. flat endmill. I'm trying to get rid of all the area the 1/8 in cutter has to go through to get to the edges to finish the radiuses. Trying to eliminate some run time! Thank you!! 

Message 8 of 9
matty.fuller

You just turn on Rest Machining under the Geometry tab;

mattyfuller_1-1707449181039.png

mattyfuller_0-1707449153929.png

Message 9 of 9
support4
in reply to: matty.fuller

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums