Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

milling datum on flat round bar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nick_brown_7
156 Views, 5 Replies

milling datum on flat round bar

Hi, maybe having a bad day but i can't figure out how to set my datum at the corner of my little job in the attached screenshot, set up is as shown, being made out of round bar,

thanks in advance

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarthBane55
in reply to: nick_brown_7

Change the "stock box point" dropdown option to "selected point", then you can pick any point you like.

Stock box point is good for rectangular stock, it puts points on each corners and in the middle that you can easily pick, but this is not your case here.

Message 3 of 6
nick_brown_7
in reply to: DarthBane55

tried that before, it then repositions the billet incorrectly!

Message 4 of 6
DarthBane55
in reply to: nick_brown_7

It has nothing to do with moving geometry... hmmm, well, we don't have your file so hard to try.  I have never seen Fusion moving geometry based on how you pick the origin though... 🤔

Message 5 of 6

Hi, I created a simple cube and got the same issue but it seems there is a simple solution to the problem. Just check the box that says "select axis" and the stock position will be correct. If that doesn't help you need to create a construction axis/ sketchline in the center of the part and select that.

MarkusThuresson_0-1674068497479.png

Message 6 of 6

thank you Markus, that worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report