Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mill/turn post processor with Fanuc control and G68.2 rotation?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ville5MPXA
169 Views, 2 Replies

Mill/turn post processor with Fanuc control and G68.2 rotation?

Hello.

Is there any post processors for Mill/turn machine with Fanuc control and G68.2 rotation? I know Mazak post processors have those, but for my machine that does not work because the B axis orientation does not work properly, i can get it work on main spindle or sub spindle, but not both. 

My B axis 0 is vertical position (X direction) and with Mazak integrex it is horizontal (Z direction). 

Or is there any way to transfer those euler angle functions to existing Fanuc post processor like DMG Mori NLX?

My axis settings: (don't mind about the range, i just made it so that it would not give me errors)

var bAxisMain = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:true, axis:[0, 1, 0], range:[180, -180], preference:0});
    var cAxisMain = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, 1], range:[-360, 360], cyclic:true, preference:0});

var bAxisSub = createAxis({coordinate:1, table:false, axis:[0, -1, 0], range:[-180, 180], preference:0});
    var cAxisSub = createAxis({coordinate:2, table:true, axis:[0, 0, -1], range:[-360, 360], cyclic:true, preference:0});

and my machine configuration: (i have tested these so now it "works", but it does not really, i would need to make more "if" statements there)

/** detect machine configuration */
  machineConfiguration = (currentSection.spindle == SPINDLE_PRIMARY) ? machineConfigurationMainSpindle : machineConfigurationSubSpindle;
  if (!gotBAxis) {
    if (getMachiningDirection(currentSection) == MACHINING_DIRECTION_AXIAL && !currentSection.isMultiAxis()) {
      machineConfiguration.setSpindleAxis(new Vector(0, 0, 1));
    } else {
      machineConfiguration.setSpindleAxis(new Vector(1, 0, 0));
    }
  } else {
    if (currentSection.spindle == SPINDLE_PRIMARY) {
      machineConfiguration.setSpindleAxis(new Vector(0, 0, 1));
    }  else {
      machineConfiguration.setSpindleAxis(new Vector(0, 0, -1));

And now i am using a Mazak integrex 200i post processor.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AdamKunzo
in reply to: Ville5MPXA

Are you sure you need to use G68.2? It's function for 5X tilted work planes.

All my mill/turn post processor uses direct angle. For example:

Mazak Integrex:  G0 G53 B70.

Siemens: B1=70

DMG Mori:  TC(1,0,0,2,70,0)

I don't think there is some defaul Fanuc mill/turn post with B axis. You should use Mazak or DMG as a base post and modify it for your machine.

I offer post processor development services, if you need my help send me a message.

Message 3 of 3
Ville5MPXA
in reply to: Ville5MPXA

I figured it out, i had made a mistake of putting my B axis orientation for turning same as milling. That solved the issue. Now the code looks as it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report