Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing - 2D Pocket "Order by Depth" option not respected

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
patrickQC3FE
339 Views, 5 Replies

Manufacturing - 2D Pocket "Order by Depth" option not respected

In the manufacturing workspace, when using the "2D pocket" strategy, the "Passes > Multiple Depths > Order by Depth" option is not respected.

My toolpath has a specified bottom height, and two pockets selected in the geometry tab. In the Passes tab, I have "Order by depth" selected, and a roughing stepdown that requires 3 passes in Z with no finishing stepdowns. However the generated toolpath is milling the whole first geometry selection to final depth before starting the 2nd pocket. This is contrary to other toolpath strategies (e.g. 2D Contour) where the first depth is milled on all selected geometries before the 2nd pass.

(The screenshot below is not meant to be an optimal toolpath, but to demonstrate the problem where the entire right-side geometry is milled before starting the left-side).

screenshot.jpg

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: patrickQC3FE

Interesting. Would you be able to share your Fusion file here or privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. To share the file privately, it's the same process, but email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
patrickQC3FE

I've attached an exported file showing the issue. It is a different file to the screenshot above (confidentiality reasons), but shows the same issue.

Message 4 of 6
patrickQC3FE
in reply to: seth.madore

Is there a way to track progress of this issue/bug?

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore

Have you updated to the latest build of Fusion? I tried your file again in the most recent release and it's ordering as you would expect it to. You will have to regenerate the toolpath to see these changes.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
patrickQC3FE
in reply to: seth.madore

You're correct, the latest update has fixed the issue. Thanks for your help Seth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report