Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manufacture Bug? Setup more than one body

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
t.lamourine
124 Views, 3 Replies

manufacture Bug? Setup more than one body

since this whole new setup system, I've been having multiple issues I never had before.

1st off, with 2 or more bodies it's much more difficult for it to layout with a single piece of stock to cut multiple bodies. It can be done I've found but way more difficult and more steps, but also it breaks many things through out the whole manufacturing system. 

simple example- the simulation system. 

multiple bodies will no longer show the "stock" and just the bodies/models so the simulation is basically useless. If it is allowed to just select one body (and it chooses and won't let you choose) it will show the stock.  many other little things here and there don't seem to work correctly under this situation now also. 

image- upper body is showing stock and areas being cut, but if I do the setup so it selects both bodies it looks all like the bottom piece and never shows the stock making the simulation useless...?

unless there is something I'm missing here?  I don't know how else to explain this, probably not doing the best but there it is. 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 8.17.53 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: t.lamourine

To really dive into your problem, it would be helpful to see what you're seeing. Could you share your Fusion file here so we can look at what it is you're encountering?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
t.lamourine
in reply to: seth.madore

can't because it's not mine and a propriety design that was sent to me.

Message 4 of 4
t.lamourine
in reply to: seth.madore

So it seems it has to do with the original file? I basically completely remade it and it seems to have gone away.. very strange.. thanks for responding!! still something screwy here, just not sure what? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report