Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manually nest to 2 plywood sheets

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shan_lynneata
97 Views, 2 Replies

manually nest to 2 plywood sheets

I am trying to get 4 drawers milled from a single sheet of plywood, but that is not possible due to the size of the drawer bases.   I have 24 drawers to build in total. I could print 8 on two different sheets of plywood however.  The only way I could nest them would be to print 8 bottoms on one sheet and all the sides for those 8 drwaers on another sheet.  This represents two different stocks. Ideally I would like to retain my single design model and get it to a manufacturing model in such a way that I can put my toolpaths on the assemblies (I have holes to predrill, dados to cut, and a profile to outline for each side).  I would like then to create two different plywood stocks, and arrange all the bottoms onto one, and all the sides on the other.  I really don't want to do all of the various operations manually on 32 individual sides as that would be prone to error and probably require me to redo it if I change my base model at all.

How do the pros think I should look at this?  How should I think about multiple pieces of stock?  How should I think about multiple copies of the same assemblies on a single stock?

I don't have the advanced manufacturing add-on.  I am just a hobbyist and there is no way I can dump $1500 into another module each and every year.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Have you investigated Mapboards Pro?...It has a modest one-off cost and should achieve what you are trying to do:

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=3399489440307590024&os=Win64&appLang=en

Message 3 of 3

I purchased that add-in and it works wonderfully!  Thank you so much for that suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report