Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machining times within patterns are inconsistent

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FrodoLoggins
129 Views, 4 Replies

Machining times within patterns are inconsistent

I always and only ever use duplication patterns with the below settings:

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 9.11.43 AM.png

If I select all operations within a pattern like so:

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 9.04.42 AM.png

Sometimes (like in this instance) the machining time in the lower right hand corner tells me how long those toolpaths take per each instance of the pattern. In this case 23 seconds per part. Other times it tells me how long the total pattern will take. So if that pattern has 4 parts sometimes it will tell me it takes 1.5 minutes (or technically just over a minute as I'm saving time with tool changes)

Right now today if I want to see how long everything in that pattern will take I can't select all operations. That would just give me the time per part (23 seconds). I need to select the pattern in the tree like (or the setup obviously) in the image below. That's how I'd like it to be and I can only assume that's how it's supposed to be. But sometimes selecting all operations (not the pattern item in the tree itself) gives me the total time.

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 9.22.39 AM.png

EDIT: That might be a bit confusing. So Sometimes if I select all operations within a pattern like so:

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 9.51.56 AM.png

I get the same exact machining time as if I selected the pattern like so:

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 9.52.02 AM.png

Other times I get two different machining times.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

Hmm. On PC I'm getting different times if I select the Pattern, or if I select the toolpaths themselves. Do you sense any rhyme or reason to when it displays identical values or different ones?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

I am not able to sense any rhyme or reason as to when it displays identical values or different ones.

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 5
FrodoLoggins

Now I'm not getting any time when selecting all operations within that same setup:

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 1.15.56 PM.png

It looks like sometimes when unselecting toolpaths that have fully generated and I'm not able to get a time in the lower right hand corner; unselecting them then reselecting them brings up the time. Sometimes.

Message 5 of 5
FrodoLoggins

Like here: Selected toolpath after it's been generated for an hour or two. No time displayed. I open up QuickTime, select the Fusion window still no time. Unselect it, reselect it, now the time is displayed:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums