Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine simulation - Linear axis limit

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CAMXPRESS
370 Views, 5 Replies

Machine simulation - Linear axis limit

Hi All,

I have set up a machine kinematic with linear and rotary axis limits.
If I make a tilted workplane operation from a direction that is not reachable within the rotary axis limits,
I have a proper error message. However I make a 3axis operation where the part is out of the linear axis
working area, I do not have any error message starting or during the simulation. 

Do I missed something or we do not have linear axis overrun warnings at this time?

Regards,
Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @CAMXPRESS 

At the moment machine sim won't give warnings / error when it crosses the limits. for the orientations the initial angles are determined by the post processor. so the post processor sends back the error message.

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 3 of 6
CAMXPRESS
in reply to: CAMXPRESS

Hello Boopathi,

Thank you for your quick answer. However, it might be a solution if I do this check during the postprocessing.
Do we able to get the actual Setup job_position(XYZ)Offset values during the postprocessing?  (I cannot find this object in the API reference.)

Regards,
Joe

Message 4 of 6

As far as I know setup offset values are not exposed in the API as well as no way in the post to get the values.

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 5 of 6
elaspol
in reply to: CAMXPRESS

Hello,

I would like to direct a question to Autodesk support. Is it possible to add the functionality mentioned by CAMXPRESS.

Not only is this currently the only method to check linear limits, it would be necessary for me to implement a safety check in the postprocessor whether the operator correctly mounted the detail and whether it was referenced correctly.

Message 6 of 6

Hi @elaspol 

You can now use section.getPartAttachPoint() to get the part position values realtive to the WCS
https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/reference/classSection.html#a3110362aaee22d04aa8627bf05c85260

Boopathi Sivakumar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report