Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Radius Fillet Using 4th Axis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
redmond.limited
152 Views, 5 Replies

Machine Radius Fillet Using 4th Axis

Apologies, if this is a silly question, but I am really stuck on this one.

I am trying to machine a hexagonal test piece, using a 4th axis (please see the attached), and cannot get it to machine the radiused corners.

However, I have tried a few approaches and cannot get it to work (please see attached powerpoint slides).

I realise that it is probably something very silly but I'd be very grateful for any help or advice.

Thanks,

Clem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If you're a Commercial/Startup/Educational license holder, do you have access to the Machining Extension?

For those features, I would not use 2D Adaptive with Wrap. Wrap is (typically) intended for features that share a  common center with the rotary axis. The fillets on this part are not as such.

Personally, I'd use 3D Adaptive in your Pattern instead of Face. Couple that with some Boundaries and you could likely get this roughed out in 3 indexes

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6

For finishing of them, I'd likely use Parallel or Blend to do so

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 6

Hello Seth,

Thank you for this.  I am only a hobby user, I'm afraid, so I haven't got the machine extensions.

I shall try your suggestions and see how I get on.

Thanks, again. 

Message 5 of 6

Okay, but since you're a hobby license holder (Personal Use), you won't have access to Tool Orientation. You will need to create Setups for each angle you wish to work at (excluding Pattern > Rotation)

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 6

Hello Seth,

I've just checked and I have got the tool orientation option in 3D adaptive.  What should I orient the tool to?

Thank you,

Clem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums