Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Designer and Kinematics question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tgioiosa
116 Views, 3 Replies

Machine Designer and Kinematics question

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom Machine for simulation but having trouble getting it to work correctly. The machine is the MPCNC from V1 Engineering if anyone is familiar. This design has the Spindle on Z-axis, but the XY is different than the generic 3-axis examples from Autodesk.

Both the X and the Y axes can each move the spindle/Z axis independently, and moving the Y-axis does NOT move the X-axis, and vice-versa. It seems like I need to assign the Spindle/Z to both the X and Y yet keep them from affecting each other, but if I place Spindle under Z, and I put Z under X, I cannot select Z again to also make it dependent on Y.  I guess the Z needs to be an 'OR' function of X or Y, but I can't figure out how to get this.

Anyone dealt with something like this before?

Here's a short clip showing how the axes move in relation to each other:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxBv8XWPSdE69FGmFfDJJPozY3jLyuIabk?feature=shared

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: tgioiosa

You're likely not going to find a suitable arrangement of axis to make simulation work correctly. 
However, you really don't need it to, as your main concern is clearance of tool and XY envelope, right?

I'd just use a generic router style machine config and adjust as needed for spindle diameter and travels.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
tgioiosa
in reply to: seth.madore

Thank you for the response. I was anticipating that would be the answer, but was hoping there was something I wasn't doing correctly. I spent hours trying to get that to work.

It could work if Autodesk allowed the Machine Sim/Designer to respect Joints and Motion Links. Are there any plans to give it that capability?

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: tgioiosa

Not to my knowledge, sorry.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report