Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach 3 Turn with fusion 360 cannot make a curved externa shape

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jrmac
118 Views, 4 Replies

Mach 3 Turn with fusion 360 cannot make a curved externa shape

I have a simple part to make with an outer curved outer surface or nose. The path simulates just fine in all cases but Mach 3 puts a bunch of circular cuts INTO the part where there should be retractions. I have tried many times over the last years or so and just keep having to give up. I will try and insert a picture of the toolpath Mach 3 shows. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
engineguy
in reply to: jrmac

@jrmac 

Can you upload your Fusion f3d file and also a copy of the Post Processor that you are using, go to:-

File > Export > Select f3d format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach to your reply

Also which version of Mach3 you are using.

Message 3 of 5
jrmac

Thank you very much for showing interest in my problem. It is fixed after 2 years of trying. I reinstalled Mach 3 with the latest from the Newfangled web site. Made sure I had the latest post file from Autodesk, still not ok.  I single stepped through the .NC file in found the code using G3 moves which turned out to be the problem. From there I went back to having a look at the post configuration and messed with a few things. I will upload a screen shot of the config with a red arrow pointing to what I believe was the problem. I unchecked this box and it now works fine. What a relief !!! I am sure I had tried this a year or two ago without success. 

Message 4 of 5
engineguy

@jrmac 

Mach3 is defaulted to use IJK (Incremental) under the "General Config" tab, so if you have been using the Radius (R) option that as you have found is the problem, need to be the same in Fusion as the settings in Mach3 🙂

Message 5 of 5
jrmac
in reply to: engineguy

Thank you very much for the help... It is like a weight has been lifted off of me. <Grin> I sure appreciate the help and explanation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums