Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach 3 post processing 4 axis rotary parallel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
iago_machado
115 Views, 4 Replies

Mach 3 post processing 4 axis rotary parallel

Hi there,

Im trying to machine a chess piece on my 3020 cnc with 4th axis.

I had no issues in the past using the march3 post processor, downloaded in the autodesk library, but now when I try to use the 4th axis the code generated don't make sense in the milling process.

My 4th axis turns around the Y axis, and in the code the X axis keeps moving from one site to another in the block, i belivie that was supposed for don't have any moviment in the x coordinate  

Attached:

post processor
the design - Tentativa2
the generated g-code - Example 1

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TgMdAcMpqWG8qs9r2IccRlfAelkpUReN?usp=sharing

Somehow on one of the early mornings I managed to generate the code according to what I believe would be the correct way, but when I uploaded the file in the morning the machine settings were updated and I was no longer able to repeat the process, but the generated code (R4) is also attached.

Thanks for the attention

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AdamKunzo
in reply to: iago_machado

Hello @iago_machado 

If you need a help implement 4X correctly to your post processor you can send me a message. 

I offer post processor modification as a service and can sort out this for you.

Message 3 of 5
iago_machado
in reply to: AdamKunzo

Hello Adam,

I would appreciate it, but first I would like to confirm that everything is correct, such as the setup and settings of the machine in fusion360
Message 4 of 5
AdamKunzo

I will check your setup tomorrow and let you know 

Message 5 of 5
AdamKunzo

Your setup is not correct. If you'd like to get a help from me, send me a message so we can discuss technical details and so on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report