Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of bodies vs lots of features

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BbellYS6XC
122 Views, 0 Replies

Lots of bodies vs lots of features

Kind of a general question regarding toolpath generation...

I have a sign design. It is a flat sign with raised lettering. The text design was done in Illustrator, converted to curves, and then exported to DXF and imported to F360. It is 24"x48" and it's not particularly dense (see below). The letters are raised 3/16". (More details...the sign was originally designed at 48"x96" and then scaled down to the current size.)

Generating adaptive and pocket toolpaths to clear material (leaving the text) for this seems to take a long time (30-60 minutes). I realize that the text introduces geometry that isn't ideal, but still.

Currently, there is a single body with many extruded features.

The question is this: Is there any reason to prefer a single body with many features vs multiple bodies (i.e. each letter would be a single body)? I'm thinking primarily in terms of toolpath generation, but other efficiencies might come into play, as well; things like scaling, changing the depth of the extrusion, etc.

BbellYS6XC_0-1683395026680.png

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report