Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Rotary Contour Toolpath Selection

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
griffin_jone
113 Views, 2 Replies

Looking for Rotary Contour Toolpath Selection

Hello,

I'm new to CAM and would like to smooth finish the surface of a cylindrical part, without stepping into the spiral cavities (see attached). From my googling, it looks like the toolpath that I want to use for is a "Rotary Contour", however I only see "Rotary" in my multi-axis toolpath selections. The support page says that this is where the toolpath should be (MILLING > MULTI-AXIS > ROTARY TOOLPATH).

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-MULTI-AXIS-ROTARY-CONTOUR-STEPS

I've tried using just the "rotary" toolpath but it doesn't allow me to select an inner diameter boundary, only the rotary axis. I think the "rotary contour" is what I'm looking for, I just don't see the option. Please let me know what I might be missing.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: griffin_jone

The toolpaths are currently in preview and need turned on in preferences:

rotary.png

Message 3 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: griffin_jone

And just a quick comment to anyone else reading this thread (at present or in the future); Rotary Contour and Pocket are going to be Machining Extension capabilities once they mature enough for the general public. As of now (2/16/23) they are in public preview stage where all commercial/edu/Startup users have access  to it

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report