Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an updated/better post processor for AXYZ Pacer 4010 ATC

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
kylesuon4
1120 Views, 12 Replies

Looking for an updated/better post processor for AXYZ Pacer 4010 ATC

I recently upgraded to an AXYZ machine from an older CNC Router Parts machine running Mach.  I have noticed an issue with the AXYZ machine starting and stopping on a arcs or slowing down in a tight radius, even with out any feed optimization turned on.  I tried looking at the .nc file in NCViewer and it is all over the place. (I added screen shots of both)  I contacted AXYZ and they suggested I switch to V Carve, that the post processor in Fusion 360 may be adding too many nodes.  I have been using Fusion for my post processing for the past 4 years and really do not want to have to switch if possible.   

I am hoping that someone out there has had a similar problem and can offer some help or knows of someone I can contact about an updated post processor.

Machine specs:

AXYZ Pacer 4010 ATC 

10hp HSD Router

Tangential Knife (if that matters)

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
serge.quiblier
in reply to: kylesuon4

Hello @kylesuon4 

In order to be able to diagnose, can you give more information please?

You provided 2 pictures :

Screenshot 2021-06-17 113830.png   is this the output from your previous machine ?

Screenshot 2021-06-17 114034.png   is this the output from your new machine ?

Apparently, the axyz can support plane selection via G17, G18, G19, but it doesn't seems activated in the post.

Another issue can be how the I,J,K variables are interpreted (absolute, or incremental from the starting point)

Do you use the post from the online library?

Can you share your Fusion file, and the post you are using?

If you have a programming manual for the machine, can you check how IJK are defined.

Because we only have a list of G and M codes supported, but no additional explanation.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 13
kylesuon4
in reply to: serge.quiblier

Thank you for your response.  I changed the name of the screen shots to reflect which post was used.

I am using the post in the Fusion library, I have attached a copy, along with a sample file.  I am not able to share the actual file I am working with on my machine but this file has all the same shapes and movements.  

I also have attached a list of G and M codes which shows how I,J,and K are defined.  

Message 4 of 13
serge.quiblier

Hello @kylesuon4 

There is some issues related to the post processor, other from NCViewer.

Firstly, the version of the post was only supporting arc in the XY plane.

As the machine seems to be supporting G17, G18, G19, i have added support for the arcs in the regular planes.

I also forced the output of IJ, IK, JK depending on the situation.

Be carefull when using NCViewer, it's not always accurate, depending on the machine the IJK values can be absolute from the origin of the part, or incremental from the start of the arc.

(Fanuc is for example incremental from the start, heidenhain is absolute, Siemens depend on I=IC(), or I=AC() )

I am not sure that NC viewer handle all situation correctly as there is no settings in the software, and the nc ouput doesn't use any different code in this situation.

NCViewer.png

HSMEdit.png

I have attached the modified post.

As we are not sure about absolute / incremental, try the program, using reduced feed rate, plus if possible, an offset along Z.

If it's working ok, please give us feedback in order to fix the online post.

Have a pleasant day.

Regards.

PS the post is zipped or else the forum doesn't accept the attachment.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 13
kylesuon4

Thank you so much for the help.  I will give this a try and let you know how it goes.

Message 6 of 13
kylesuon4

@serge.quiblier 

I finally got some time to test this new post.  It seems to work much better.  It is still giving a slight pause on the inner arc but it is no longer stopping.   I was wondering if there is any more fine tuning that could be done to eliminate the pause all together?  Please let me know what info you need from me and I will do my best to get back to you in a more timely manner.  

Thank you again for your help.

Message 7 of 13
serge.quiblier

Hello

There is no easy answer for this last behavior.
On some controllers there is sometime a code as G9, G61, G64 for changing the speed control on the machines.
On the high-end controllers for multi axis machines we can also have smoothing, or high speed functions.

After looking at the M/G-code reference available, I don't see any code corresponding to this kind of functionality.

It can also be related to parameters settings on the controller.

As this is totally controller specific, I don't know the AXYZ enough to guide you for solving this.

Regards

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 8 of 13
djh5309

I am also experiencing this problem. If the modified post eliminates these issues on my AXYZ machine, can the AXYZ post processor in the fusion cloud library be updated?
Message 9 of 13
serge.quiblier
in reply to: djh5309

Hello @djh5309 

you can start by downloading and testing the archived post attached to the message #4.

If it solve your issue also, just give us feedback.

Modifying the post will take alittle time, between the modification, the testing, the approval, and updating ot the repositories....

Regards.

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 10 of 13

I too have an AXYZ router and have had this issue as well as helix related issues. I get nc errors or just the machine stopping after dropping to Z0 when the helix angle is too low. In many instances I have to increase the angle to the extremes and lower my feedrate into a zone where tool failure is likely just to get it to perform a boring operation. The modified post processor didn't resolve my issues.

Message 11 of 13

Has there been any progress on this?

I'm using an AXYZ Millennium and use Fusion 360 exclusively for Cad/Cam. 

I am about to do some testing of the current available post in 360 but if I should be doing something different please let me know.

Thanks

Ken.

Message 12 of 13
AdamKunzo
in reply to: kenschultz1

Hello @kenschultz1 

If you will find out you need to get some PP modificaiton, you can send me a message. I offer PP modificaiton as a service and I can help you to customize PP for your machine.

Message 13 of 13
justin.tutor
in reply to: kenschultz1

I've attached the post that I have been successfully using. It was provided to me my AXYZ as being the post they use internally for Fusion.

Let us know how it works out for you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report