Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link feedrate

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
DarthBane55
458 Views, 9 Replies

link feedrate

Would it be possible for Autodesk to unlock the "link feedrate" that is in "compare and edit" but greyed out?

At the moment, when you choose to keep the tool down, it goes from one cut to the next using the cutting feedrate.  For some materials this becomes pretty slow, but rapiding up  and down wastes time.  In general, keeping the tool down, but with a higher feedrate would be a big benefit for cycle time.  There is some way around it by using "always use high feed" or similar, but it forces you to say that the top height is equal to the bottom height and set the retract plane to be same as top height, and set the "safe distance" to zero.

Keep tool down and using "link feedrate" would simplify the process.  It is already there, just not available to use.1.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: DarthBane55

This has been requested more than once, I know of one ticket  (CAM-9094) that was opened for it. That would be a nice QoL improvement, imo. I'll mention this to the devs and see if there was anything we could implement.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
DarthBane55
in reply to: seth.madore

Awesome thank you!  I searched for it, but didn't get any result 😞

Message 4 of 10
DarthBane55

@seth.madore Hi Seth, this issue is not solved yet.  You gave us a ticket number but...  where do I go to see the ticket number status?  I have no clue where these are listed...

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
seth.madore

That's actually not anything that the public has access to, it's for internal use only. Sharing the ticket number here gives us something to refer back to if/when a bug or improvement is made, and it also presents something tangible to the customer

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 10
DarthBane55

ah ok, I see... well it's not very tangible to me at the moment 🤣 

Could you check it out and see if it's in the works please? 🤓

Message 7 of 10
seth.madore

It's still open and unresolved, sorry. I too would like to see this decoupled, fwiw

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 10
DarthBane55

Alright, well thanks for checking!

Have a great weekend!

Message 9 of 10

still 2 years later???

Message 10 of 10

Yep! We've talked about link feedrates a bit, but, in general, it's fallen lower on the priority list. 

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report