Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead in and out on Cutter comp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bgarrington
177 Views, 4 Replies

Lead in and out on Cutter comp

So I'm having issues with the lead in and out when I select in control in cutter comp,

I have no angles in my lead in / out in linking.

I just want the tool path to feed in parallel to the contour.

any help would be grateful. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jaredSADUH
in reply to: bgarrington

For my "compensation type" settings I will typically use "computer" which doesn't turn wear on (no G41), or "wear" which will turn on the G41 code and output a D value to allow compensation to be used at the control.

I looked at your attached images, what exactly is the problem with the leads? Too long? Interfering with other geometry on the part?

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 5
bgarrington
in reply to: jaredSADUH

Yes its to long and leads on at an angle, I was it to lead into the cut parallel, otherwise it will crash into other edges say when leading in from a slot.

I thought the ' in computer' you change the tool Diameter. to increase the wear

I'm used to using the wear in my tool offsets at the machine

Message 4 of 5
jaredSADUH
in reply to: bgarrington

Have you tried shortening your lead length to say .2mm and selecting the box for lead-out the same as lead-in?  Your image shows your lead-in at 1mm and your lead out at 15mm in length.  That could be part of the problem.

As for the various wear selections, from my Mcam days I always considered 'computer' to be that the software handled all tool dia changes and you adjust in the software, 'wear' to be that the software handled the tool dia and the control handled the wear of the tool, and 'control' meant that you control tool dia at the machine controller.  I absolutely could be wrong on this and will take any new information anyone wants to share!

Message 5 of 5
jaredSADUH
in reply to: jaredSADUH

Also, if you wanted to share your .f3d file here I'd be happy to open it up and take a look at the problem tool paths

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report