Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lathe surface/tool path extension

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ToolFool360
78 Views, 2 Replies

lathe surface/tool path extension

Howdy, hope everyone's morning/evening is going well. Working on a lathe part right now and I'd like to extend a roughing tool path well beyond the back of my part, the issue I have is the roughing path dips down past the last major diameter and tries to connect with the inner radius. the dip is emphasized by the black line angled down and the horizontal line is the diameter I wish to extend parallel to the major diameter. 

I recently learned about the surface tab to extend mill tool paths (surface offset 0.0, extend .3" ) and thought it could be applied to the lathe side as well but have not been able to get it to work the same. Is this just something I break into 2 ops and have the inner radius at the major di of the part? or is there a workaroundScreenshot 2023-12-06 at 6.55.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-06 at 7.09.11 PM.png for this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: ToolFool360

easy way to prevent this is to set Don't allow grooving:

alaasW8M6T_0-1701915963768.png

That will prevent it from dipping down behind the part

Message 3 of 3
ToolFool360
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thats the greatest invention since sliced bread!

cant belive I missed that.... appreciate it 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums