Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe facing with a boring bar

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mreigle
943 Views, 6 Replies

Lathe facing with a boring bar

Good morning Forum!

I am making a part on a lathe and I wish to face it off with a boring bar from the inside out and there appears to be no easy way of doing it. What am I missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
akash.kamoolkar
in reply to: mreigle

Hi @mreigle

Please look at the attached file. Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 7
mreigle
in reply to: akash.kamoolkar

Thank you kind sir! That is exactly what I wanted. I tried a very long time with profile turning myself but I could not get it to work. 

Message 4 of 7
andyw
in reply to: akash.kamoolkar

That strategy only works if it's the top face. Anything below that surface and you have to 'Allow Axial Grooving'. The problem then gets trickier. When the tool exits the outside edge of the boss being faced, it tries to wrap around the corner with the trailing edge of the insert. There's work arounds but It would be easier if the Fusion team would just allow inside-out on the standard facing path.

Message 5 of 7

Can you tell how did you create this toolpath option. 

Message 6 of 7

@aadityainnovations you can use inside profile finishing direction back to front with radial grooving on.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Message 7 of 7
akash.kamoolkar
in reply to: andyw

@andyw This feature was added to turning face operations in the latest update that recently went out.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report