Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe - boring bar goes through stock

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wm_crash
130 Views, 3 Replies

Lathe - boring bar goes through stock

Hello Fusion experts and people who have already made the mistakes I am making,

I have a small part I am working on, and using a boring bar for the first time. This is a two sided lathe operation, so there is stock to remove on both sides. The boring bar tries to go through the Z axis, ends up on the other side and does some work.

My question is, am I doing something wrong, or do I always have to specify the back limit face for a boring operation? Or should the toolpath be properly generated either way, but I am doing something else wrong?

File included, thanks in advance!

Cosmin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: wm_crash

It does appear that Fusion isn't recognizing that the shallow pocket doesn't go all the way thru. I'll investigate this and open a task if needed (I suspect it will be needed).

To easily solve your issue, just set the "Back" setting to "Selection" and select the back face:

2023-03-29_04h00_43.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: wm_crash

I've opened up CAM-44144 to investigate this issue

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
wm_crash
in reply to: seth.madore

Yeah, that's what I did and that solves the issue. I am in learning mode and just wanted to make sure it's just a small bug as opposed to me doing things the wrong way.

thanks,

Cosmin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report