Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last setup breaks IPS on all previous setups, deleting or suppressing last op and previous setups are ok and IPS is generated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ
304 Views, 10 Replies

Last setup breaks IPS on all previous setups, deleting or suppressing last op and previous setups are ok and IPS is generated.

I don't know what about the last setup not only breaks that last op, but also prevents all previous ops from successfully generating mesh for in process stock.

I don't see how last operation breaking all previous is even user error as i'd expect not break working setups when i add setups at the end.

What about the attached file breaks everything else once last op is unsuppressed?

Noticed i can toggle the mesh generation issues when i was going to create a copy of the file with the second part's setups deleted and all previous ones again generated in-process stock.

Models are from inventor, not native fusion 360 models, as you will see i started out wrong and had to do a bit of extra work updating to the latest customer request, always inserting the inventor models into a new design seems to work better, not done here, while my oops of starting to manufacture after uploading is messy now, it doesn't seem to explain how the fifth op can break the previous four, that were already simulated and posted.

Let me know if you need a copy with the links broken, haven't really dealt with .f3z much, so I hope this works as is.

Thanks in advance for looking.

Daniel

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
seth.madore
in reply to: dgoller2RNYJ

Are you working in Production version of Fusion, or are you using the Insider build?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ
in reply to: seth.madore

It should be production version, just downloaded, installed and using, unless using select preview options invalidates that statement. 

I googled: https://feedback.autodesk.com/key/Fusion360Insider i am not partaking in.

Message 4 of 11
seth.madore

Can you expand a bit on your issue? I've unsuppressed the last Setup (and the toolpaths) and I can get IPS to calculate for everything but the last toolpath. This does require some investigation.

However, the IPS is still valid for all prior toolpaths and prior Setups. Are you seeing something different?

2023-07-10_16h52_59.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ

Breaks all the way from the top down.

Rest is still calculating other ops, so i only have the very first op to screenshot.

dgoller2RNYJ_0-1689024956657.png

In short, everything breaks.

Message 6 of 11
seth.madore

Are you on PC or Mac? What version of OS are you running? Are all drivers up to date?

I'm assuming that Fusion is also up to date?

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ

This is Windows 11

dgoller2RNYJ_0-1689025489090.png

I'm not keeping Fusion from updating itself.

dgoller2RNYJ_1-1689025552639.png

Odd how it reports it as Windows 10?

I'll see if Nvidia does have a newer driver.

dgoller2RNYJ_0-1689025917245.png

Latest installed, no change to how Fusion acts

dgoller2RNYJ_1-1689025955658.png

SCHLECHT is the original bad OP20, i made a new OP20 setup, all ops copied over fine. Screenshot is just after unsuppressing the bad OP20.

While this isn't a solution, i can continue working on this file.

Message 8 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ

I would like to know what broke, if I broke it, if the software glitched and/or how to prevent another such occurrence.

Message 9 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ

Looks like I got an automated email Saturday asking if I got the answer I needed and this is actually still unanswered.

A work around isn't addressing the initial breakage.

Anything I can do to make this maybe easier to reproduce, so it can get fixed?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Message 10 of 11
seth.madore

I've been poking at your file and I've not been able to reproduce this issue on my end, unfortunately 😞

Could you capture this behavior in a screen recording? I can at least get the issue logged with your data set as well as your recording.

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 11
dgoller2RNYJ

I'll likely have to get the screen recording done next week, it's a wild week and i want to  make sure it's the shortest possible video showing the problem, so i might need to minimize/reduce the setups in the problem file too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report